Arts Meet Science Project at Tokyo University of the Arts
The 3rd Public Event
Aesthetics and Sciences; Towards the Enrichment of Society
- Date and Time
- November 24th (Sun), 2019, 2pm-4:30pm
- Hall 6, Tokyo University of the Arts
- Tokyo University of the Arts
- The Kao Foundation for Arts and Sciences
- Springer Nature
- This event is partially sponsored by Kao Corporation and The Kao Foundation for Arts and Sciences.
President/CEO, Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
Professor, Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of California San Francisco
Executive Vice President, Merck & Co.. President, Merck Research Laboratories
Kazuki Sawa (President, Tokyo University of the Arts)
Yo-Yo Ma（AMS Project Advisor）
Schubert: String Quintet, D.956 (3rd movement)
Plenary Lecture #1（Peter Gruss）
"The Science of Arts"
Plenary Lecture #2（Roger Perlmutter）
"Science, Medicine, Technology, and Esthetics: A Synthesis"
Panel Discussion（moderated by Thomas Kornberg）
"Future prospect of Esthetics and Science: Discussion with Students"
Vivaldi: “L'autunno” from the “Le quattro stagioni”
(Visual euphony performance by "score following" technology, an AI program that listens and continually synchronizes the animation with music.)
Masanori Taniguchi (AMS Project Coordinator)
- Admission Fee
- Free admission
- October 21st (Mon), 10am - November 21th (Thu), 6pm
- How To Apply
- We have stopped accepting applications because there is no more place available.